Monday, August 31, 2009

Pre-midnight ramblings

Once again am not tired when I should be. I don't have any problems sleeping as such, once I'm out I can sleep for Australia but I just love staying up late in the crib, listening to music, talking to o/s mates on Skype, prolonging the inevitable alarm clock going off and having to go to work. Not that I should be complaining about my job - it's so fucking cruisy atm I can do it with my eyes and ears closed.

Tonight I spent some quality time with my house after being away on the weekend, cleaning it ferociously while listening to early 90's hip hop, including Das FX and The Goats which I haven't listened to since about 1994. Awesome. Then I went grocery shopping and bought heaps of delicious food only to come home and whip up vego sausage sangers for dinner. I am obsessed with sangers at the moment. Whoever invented deliciousness between two slices of bread was a genius.

I also spoke to my brother on Skype for ages. He has mad new ink that he got in Spain and showed me some ungodly tatts that I didn't know he had. This includes a grand piano on his thigh and this portrait of Mulder and Scully from the X-Files with a "I want to believe" banner underneath.

Tomorrow is the first day of Spring and I'm celebrating. The Quirkster and I are going to tuck into a mezze plate and shitloads of wine on the back deck and reminisce about how cold it used to be. I think he is worried I am going to quit my job and leave him alone in the company of bogans.

And then I am starting my Spring Fitness Plan. It involves runs to Nobbys beach after work, salads for lunch and homemade mojitos.

¡Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment