Wednesday, September 2, 2009

In Pursuit of Perfection

It’s another beautiful day in paradise. Am getting psyched for summer and going to the beach every day straight from work and baking the shit out of myself. I want to become really leathery and wrinkly and put all those Botox Bitches to shame. I know sunbaking is bad and kills you but sometimes things that are bad are fun and feel good so they win.

Listening to lots of music and just can’t seem to get enough of it. I feel like a sponge, just wanting to soak myself night and day from the moment I wake up til the moment I go to bed. The thing about me and music is that I feel like I have spent most of my life listening to as much music as I can just in case I miss hearing the perfect song. I sometimes think “What if there is a song out there that is the best song ever and I never get to hear it?” My little bro once wrote about the Perfect Song on his blog and this is what he said when he found it at age 17.

“This is the song I wish I had written. It is the most beautiful and emotion-invoking song I have ever heard. I want to die to this song, and I want it played at my funeral. I want this song embedded in me, tattooed onto my skin and my heart and my soul. It sends shivers down my spine and puts tears in my eyes every single time I hear it. Everyone in the world should somehow own this song, because once you hear it, you will understand. The melodies, the harmonies, the passion, everything about it stuns me. I would marry this song if it were a woman. If I had written this song, I could live the rest of my life just being satisfied with myself. This song makes me want to cry, laugh, scream, destroy and create all at once. It is my perfect song. I am too enrapt in this song to even think about a good/bad list today. Sorry, go listen to the song and you'll understand."

Unfortunately I am unable to name the song or artist in order to protect my brother's rep. I loved what he wrote though. It was super dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment